Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Kate Lee


Kate’s Montage about Korean and American ideal life in their old age

I want to talk about successful life as parents between Korea and America.
The reason why I chose this topic of my montage is that I want to express what I’ve seen since I came here. First of all, I saw many old people who hold hands each other and walk friendly.
It was impressive to me (and Koreans). What I want to say is that the old in America are considering their rest of lives. And they don’t care their children’s life too much. Since their children become almost 20 and then independent form them, they start thinking their own lives. Their dream might be to live in a house with their spouse and puppy. In a good place, nice house, great environment, they want to live with doing what they wanted to do. I think this is one of the ideal things in America. Of course I know, the differences between Korea and America are caused by different size of land. They live in a big house with various things such as farm, grass, artificial lake, some animals. How beautiful life it is! Therefore, I made the montage with yacht, grass, dog. The most important thing I want to emphasize is the ole couple with holding hands together smiling. And I made ‘LIFE’ and ‘I’ words in order to express the American think their life. So, how about the Koreans ideal life as parents? Korean parents’ successful life is to have children who success in a job, marriage etc. This situation is caused by their caring about all the things while their children grow up and become adults, even after they (children) get married. Korean parents always think about their children first. And then look through their lives. Their children’s Working for a good company, living luxuriously, having a nice car. Those are the all they want as if those are the final goal in whole life. This is the ideal life of Korean parents. Therefore, I used man and woman looking young who are wearing good looking clothes in order to express that parents consider children’s successful life most important. And the skyscraper was placed on the background in order that they work for a good company as much as people envy.

No comments:

Post a Comment