Sunday, July 11, 2010

Movie Magic--Diane Dai


I choose 8Mile to be my first movie clip. In this movie clip, the main color is dark blue, navy blue and midnight blue. The color of the set is pretty dim and dark; it reminds me of jail and dark places. The set also makes me feel that the scene is full of violence. There is a specific color between the dark blue, which is the skin color of the role. There only one white person in the scene; different color makes the role unique. It highlights the good side, which is Eminem. White always symbolizes the justice and decency. The light divides Eminem and the black guy also symbolizes their collision.

I use tangerine, grate black, white, fresh blueberry and Gray Ocean to create my mosaic. So I use some white to separate them and add some orange and grate black to show the violence and the anger. On the top of the picture, there are many small pieces of paper Gray Ocean and color of fresh blueberry to represent the crowd. The use of these colors is to emphasize the main role. Because Eminem competes with a black rapper; I use grate black and ivory to stand for them.

Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix is my second movie clip. Gold and tangerine are the main colors of the set. The colors make me recall the warmth and harmony. Everything is fine and happy until the rosy pink, which stands for professor Umbridge, interrupts. Rosy pink reminds me arbitrary people. In my opinion, some people who wear pink clothes are sometimes tyrannical. Black has been witches’ and wizards’ color for a long time, that’s why students’ uniforms are mostly black to indicate that they are witches and wizards. The flame besides the dining room can show the Umbridge’s ambition of reforming the school. Dumbledore wears dark gray clothes; it shows that he is the symbol of being traditional, and Umbridge wears rosy pink clothes to indicate her thought of futuristic.

In my mosaic, I use a piece of rosy pink paper to represent Professor Umbridge. Because she has the greater authority, I make the representative bigger than any other. The dark blue one is Dumbledore; in the clip, he seems to be suppressed by Professor Umbridge; so the paper is smaller than the rosy pink one to show that rosy pink has the power of control. As the students in the dining room, I use simple black to represent them.


No comments:

Post a Comment