Thursday, July 29, 2010


My cultural icon

The cultural icon I chose to present you is Greece's former prime minister, Konstantinos Karamanlis. He did not manage to help Greece as much as he wanted but he showed that he struggled and fought in the name of a better and more independent country that should be based on a strong economy and become stronger in the political background.



In my collage, I chose my centric photo to be this of a happy family because this man values family above everything and this was one of his characteristics which got him elected by the Greek people to be the leader of our nation. Konstantinos Karamanlis always seems to respect and honor the institution of family and would never do something to disappoint or embarrass it by any means. I also represented Karamanli's love and obsession with athleticism adding some balls and athletic symbols in my collage. He supported the promotion of Greek athleticism while being prime minister and encouraged young people to come closer to it and benefit from the things that it has to offer. He is also a fan and goes to the court or soccer field to support his team.



In the collage I made, you can see in the right side a man trying to pull himself up and a hand struggling to pull him down. That is to show that his political rivals tried very much to decrease his popularity and make him seem corrupted so that the people will hate him and they will be able to gain his position. You can also see a man above him, who is kicking him and also preventing him and keeping him away from improvement and finally another one under his feet representing the fact that Karamanlis had taken down politically some of his rivals.



Moreover I added a picture of Parthenon to show that Greece's prime minister respected and admired the classical Greece and its ancient people achievements, who spread the fame of Greece around the world. Additionally I chose to include beautiful images and landscapes that remind me of my country like a field,a boat in the sea and a caught fish to show that in Konstantinos Karamanlis years as a prime minister, our tourism improved and many more tourists visited Greece.



Finally, I represented this man's coolness by adding a man wearing a suit and supposed to hurry to go to his job, wearing black glasses and holding a beer and a cigarette. He was against the last two and I am against smoking too, but these were the only images I found to show that he could remain cool even at the toughest situations and he could also handle them without panicking.

No comments:

Post a Comment