Thursday, July 22, 2010

Kate




Kate’s Autobiography
I’m Seon Jin Lee. My First name is Lee and last name is Seon Jin. My English name is Kate. The reason why my English name is Kate is that I love Kate Winslet, who is very famous actress. I was born on December 22th, 1988, in Korea.
First, let me introduce my family. There are 4 members in my family; father, mother, and one younger brother. My father and mother are teachers. My father is English teacher and my mom is elementary school teacher. I think they have influence on making my future plan a lot. My younger brother is 19 years old. He is senior in high school. He is spending very hard time to go to University. He was a Tae-kwon-do player. But he gave up to be an amateur to follow my parents’ suggestion (They want him to study and to be a more intellectual person.). So, he is studying hard every day.
Second, I’m studying English literature and language in my University. I have loved English since I was an elementary school student. When I went to elementary school, Elementary English education policy was enforced first. Most English classes were composed of various activities like role play, singing a song. It was very interesting to me. I always studied hard and enjoy the English studying. Also, my English teacher played a big role on deciding my future dream. She had not only passion for teaching also love for students. Especially, she gave me a chance to be a representative student to make class process and teach instead of teacher. I often worked with her afterschool. And I have a chance to be with English again. When I was in high school, I was a member of English play group. I and my members all love English. We made story of play and write in English first hand. And then we got some feedback and correction from English teachers. We had really hard time because we must study for University entrance and prepare English play competition. From memorizing English to getting corrected my pronunciation, I had valuable time to study English. Though we all had harsh time, we won a prize. The most important experience with English was English Listening broadcasting. When I was 1st grade student, one of my English teacher gave me a chance to be an announcer of English Listening broadcasting. How meaningful chance! I always prepared the broadcasting the other day as an announcer. Every morning I went to the school broadcasting room and then start teaching it. I really studied English hard because I should teach it! It seems that the experience as an announcer makes me improve my English. Thinking back to the past days, I’ve been with English always, as if I am supposed to be with English before I was born. Maybe, it’s caused by family background and many chances in my school life.
Third, to talk about my future, I’m planning to be an English teacher in near future. I’m studying English and education at the same time (double major). And my long-term goal is to be a English education professor because I want to change Korean English education curriculum and system. To my practical experiences about English education, I need to experience many things in a real school. After knowing real problems, I want to study how to resolve those problems.


No comments:

Post a Comment